Sunday 10 March 2013

Field Season Begins!

Like planning a military campaign! Maps of all my colonies
Tomorrow I leave for not-so-sunny Portugal! It has been raining a lot there recently but hopefully this will not make the tiny country tracks too difficult to drive down because I want to visit the colonies of all the logged birds.

As you can see from the picture I have been studying high resolution maps marking the location of stork nests to see if any are likely to correspond to the nests of logged birds. I love maps so having many of them spread out across the table in front of me is right up my street. It feels more like being an explorer or planning a historic sea battle than putting the finishing touches to field work!

Next post from Portugal. I shall be visiting colonies at first and last light to see which nests are occupied and also tracking logged birds. Keep checking the BTOs website and my blog for the latest stork news!

Thanks to all of you who have donated to Support a Stork so far, your funds are hugely appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment